Friday, October 06, 2006

Pearl Jam

Black

Hey... oooh...Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay
Were laid spread out before me as her body once did.
All five horizons revolved around her soulAs the earth to the sun
Now the air I tasted and breathed has taken a turnOoh,
and all I taught her was everythingOoh,
I know she gave me all that she woreAnd now my bitter hands chafe beneath the clouds
Of what was everything.Oh, the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...

I take a walk outsideI'm surrounded by some kids at playI can feel their laughter,
so why do I sear?Oh, and twisted thoughts that spin round my headI'm spinning,
oh, I'm spinningHow quick the sun can drop away
And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Of what was everything?All the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...

All the love gone bad turned my world to black
Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I'll be... yeah...Uh huh... uh huh... ooh...
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but whyWhy, why can't it be, why can't it be mineAah... uuh..Too doo doo too, too doo doo [many times until fade]


ALIVE

Son, she said, have I got a little story for you
What you thought was your daddy was nothin but a...
While you were sittin home alone at age thirteen
Your real daddy was dyin, sorry you didnt see him, but Im glad we talked...

Oh i, oh, Im still aliveHey, i, i, oh, Im still aliveHey i, oh, Im still alive
Hey...oh...Oh, she walks slowly, across a young mans room
She said Im ready...for youI cant remember anything to this very day
cept the look, the look...Oh, you know where, now I cant see, I just stare...I,
Im still aliveHey i, but, Im still aliveHey i, boy, Im still alive
Hey i, i, i, Im still alive, yeah
Ooh yeah...yeah yeah yeah...oh...oh...
Is something wrong, she said
Well of course there isYoure still alive, she said
Oh, and do I deserve to beIs that the question
And if so...if so...who answers...who answers...I, oh,
Im still aliveHey i, oh, Im still aliveHey i, but, Im still alive
Yeah i, ooh, Im still aliveYeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

Daughter
Alone...listless...breakfast table in an otherwise empty room
Young girl...violins...center of her own attention
The, mother reads aloud, child, tries to understand it
Tries to make her proudThe shades go down, its in her head
Painted room...cant deny theres something wrong...
Dont call me daughter, not fit toThe picture kept will remind me
Dont call me daughter, not fit toThe picture kept will remind me
Dont call me...She holds the hand that holds her down
She will...rise above...ooh...oh...
Dont call me daughter, not fit to } the picture kept will remind me } (2x) dont call me
Daughter, not fit to be } the picture kept will remind me } dont call me...The shades go down (2x) the shades go, go, go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home