Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tom Petty

You Don't Know How It Feels - Tom Petty

let me run with you tonight i'll take you on a moonlight ride
there's someone i used to see but she don't give a damn for me

but let me get to the point let's roll another joint and turn the radio loud
i'm too alone to be proud you don't know how it feels you don't know how it feels to be me

people come, people go some grow young, some grow cold
i woke up in-between a memory and a dream

so let's get to the point let's roll another joint let's head on down the road there's somewhere i gotta go and you don't know how it feels you don't know how it feels to be me

my old man was born to rock he's still tryin' to beat the clock
think of me what you will i've got a little space to fill

so let's get to the point let's roll another joint let's head on down the road there's somewhere i gotta go and you don't know how it feels you don't know how it feels no, you don't know how it feels to be me you don't know how it feels you don't know how it feels no, you don't know how it feels to be me


Last Dance With Mary Jane
she grew up in an indiana town had a good lookin' momma who never was around
but she grew up tall and she grew up right with them indiana boys on an indiana night
well she moved down here at the age of eighteen she blew the boys away,
it was more than they'd seen i was introduced and we both started groovin'
she said, "i dig you baby but i got to keep movin'"
on, keep movin' on
last dance with mary jane one more time to kill the pain
i feel summer creepin' in and i'm tired of this town again

well i don't know what i've been told you never slow down,
you never grow old tired of screwing up, tired of goin' down tired of myself,
tired of this town oh my my, oh hell yes honey, put on that party dress
buy me a drink, sing me a song take me as i come 'cause i can't stay long

last dance with mary jane one more time to kill the pain
i feel summer creepin' in and i'm tired of this town again

there's pigeons down on market square she's standin' in her underwear
lookin' down from a hotel room nightfall will be comin' soon
oh my my, oh hell yes you've got to put on that party dress
it was too cold to cry when i woke up alone i hit the last number, i walked to the road

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home